Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! unable to access storage card error

Default HELP! unable to access storage card error

Help!!

I am really having a hard time getting isilo to work for a friend. I bought my best friend a new blackberry curve 8300 and he wanted isilo with some of his favorite books converted from PDF files. After spending much time setting everything up and sending this off to him now he is getting this error "unable to access storage card". So the first thing I directed him to do is take a screen shot which is attached.

Then I had him load the card with mp3 files and had him see if he was able to listen to those files and he was. I had him buy a different 2gb card and put the files on there, same error. I had him do a complete uninstall reinstall of isilo and the same result. I had him attempt to open those files a couple of different ways. He is able to read the pdb files when he transfers the card to his laptop which also has isilo.

Isilo did work on this blackberry but it doesn't work anymore and there is no explanation. I have tried everything I can think of but this same error continues!! Its so fustrating.

Can someone please offer up a suggestion????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbscreen.jpg 
Views:	582 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	304  

Arrow Possible causes

Here are the possibilities:
    • If the device is connected to the computer with Storage Mode on, then the computer will have exclusive access to the memory card, and iSilo can not access it. Assuming that is the cause of the message, then simply disconnect the USB cable from the device.
    • Assuming the device has a memory card inserted, go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/iSilo/Menu/Edit Permissions and make sure the User Data option is set to Allow.

Default User Data option is set to Allow already

Hello,

You wrote the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by iSilo View Post
    Here are the possibilities:
    • If the device is connected to the computer with Storage Mode on, then the computer will have exclusive access to the memory card, and iSilo can not access it. Assuming that is the cause of the message, then simply disconnect the USB cable from the device.
    • Assuming the device has a memory card inserted, go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/iSilo/Menu/Edit Permissions and make sure the User Data option is set to Allow.
    The first option does not apply to me and the second option did not resolve the issue.

How do I know that this is not a firmware issue? I am tech support and I consider myself pretty tech savvy but the blackberry is not in my possession it is with my friend which makes it difficult since I can't uninstall and reinstall the firmware. Is Isilo compatible with firmware version 4.5??? Is there any diagnostic test I can perform to get this issue nailed down?

Please help.

Arrow No known diagnostics

Quote Originally Posted by joshuad31 View Post
    How do I know that this is not a firmware issue?
    We don't know that it is not a firmware issue either.
    Is Isilo compatible with firmware version 4.5???
    We don't see any reason why it would not be as the APIs for accessing the storage volumes is straightforward.
    Is there any diagnostic test I can perform to get this issue nailed down?
    Another possibility is that the device has a security policy on it that prevents third party applications from accessing the storage card.

Ok but how can you explain a 3rd party security policy in the light of the fact that at one time isilo was working and then suddenly it just stopped working. I mean how can we test for a 3rd party security policy?

Why would it go from working to non working. My friend thinks that perhaps it was some setting that he might have changed as he was trying to figure out how to use it.

It was working for the first 30 minutes at the time when he first opened the gift and began using it and then it started to produce that error.

I have yet to have him try to transfer the files to the blackberry and try to open them that way but currently he can not even open isilo without getting that error.

This is so fustrating. I hate being the exception and being one of the few people that experience a particular technical issue due to incompatibility.

If you could tell me anything more I would appreciate it.

Arrow Corrupted card

Perhaps the card got corrupted. You can try formatting it. To do that on the device, go to Options/Advanced Options/Media Card/Menu/Format Card

Default not a logical conclusion

Hello,

Again as I stated earlier:

1. I used a 2GB card and got the same error
    2. I am able to take that card and access it via card reader/USB port on a computer and bring up the isilo documents on the card.

I am leaning toward firmware but it is so time consuming to downgrade from 4.5 to another format and that still would not explain why I can play mp3 files but I can not access isilo files.

There must be a definitive test which can narrow down why this problem is occurring. I hope that someone would come back and request that I try various ways to diagnose this issue.

I work in technical support myself and I am obliged to keep working on a problem no matter how complex till I reach resolution. Many times software needs assistance when attempting compatibility across multiple platforms. As you endeavor to support blackberry users I hope that you would not ignore this issue because seemingly few individual users have this problem.

Please try again to better recommend a solution or if you concede please provide instructions on how I may obtain a refund. I will provide you with any screenshots necessary to demonstrate my case is valid.

Arrow Volumes

We have created a diagnostic version of iSilo that shows a message that lists the volumes available on the device. Click iSiloBBVolumes.zip to download the zip of the ALX installation files. You need to follow the directions for first deleting the currently installed version of iSilo from the device and then installing the updated version.

After installing, start iSilo. It should give a screen with the title "iSilo Error" and the first line in the message should be "Volumes:". If you do not see that line, then you did not correctly install the diagnostic version. Assuming you correctly installed the diagnostic version, please give us a screen shot of the "iSilo Error" screen as you did before. This diagnostic version only displays the message and has no other functionality.

thank you for your help! my friend was finally able to have his isilo work again but he didn't tell me what he did to have it work correctly.

Arrow Help

If you find out what your friend did to get it working and could post it here, we would appreciate it in case anyone else encounters the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast