iSilo 5.0 enters beta5
iSilo™ 5.0 for Palm OS®, Pocket PC, Windows®, Windows® CE Handheld PC, Symbian Series 80, Symbian UIQ, and Symbian UIQ 3 enters beta5
If you have a license for a prior version, you can pre-purchase the upgrade from the online store, which is currently offering a limited-time pre-release promotional price on the upgrade.
Highlights of version 5.0:
For a detailed list of changes, please go to this URL:
- Ability to annotate document text:
- Copy mode changed to select mode. After text is selected, a context menu appears with option to Copy or Annotate.
- Annotations have one of sixteen background colors to highlight the annotated text.
- When not in select mode, holding the pen/mouse down on the annotated text shows one line of the associated comment and provides options for viewing/editing/deleting the annotation.
- Ability to associate any annotations file:
- When adding an annotation to a document with no associated annotations file, the user is prompted to select one or create a new one, which defaults to the same directory as the document.
- The user can optionally select an existing annotations file to associate with the document, thus giving the ability for a document to have different sets of annotations for different purposes.
- Because the annotations file is separate from the document file, the annotations file can easily be shared with other users of the same document.
- Beta for initial release supporting Symbian Series 80.
- Beta for initial release supporting Symbian UIQ 3.
To download the beta, please go to this URL:
Please note that beta software is software that is functionally complete, but not considered free of bugs, and which will generally be made publicly available for testing so that its proper operation can be verified across a variety of usage scenarios and environments. Because beta software is meant for testing only, beta versions of software will have expiration dates.
Please report bugs in the beta forum.