Thread: Installing Watchtower Library on an Android Tablet

Lightbulb Installing Watchtower Library on an Android Tablet

Watchtower Library Android Tablet Reader

Install Watchtower Library files:
    Connect Android Tablet to your computer. Open up your computers file explorer.
    You should see your tablet listed. Mine is an “ASUS MEMO” and shows up as “ME301T.”
    Under “ME301T” will be the directory “Internal storage” and if you have a removable memory card it will be listed also. Mine shows up as “MicroSD.” From your computers file explorer, make a file under either the “internal memory” or “MicroSD” storage directory. I named mine “JW Lib 2012.”
    Get these files from a trusted source and copy them to the folder you made:
    1) WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb
    2) WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb
    3) RBi8-E.pdb
    4) NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Install iSilo reader:
    You want to purchase the iSilo version that is offered on the Android market, that way you will know that it works on your device. Go to the "play store" and do a search for "iSilo". There is a 30 day trial version you can install to be sure it works and if so buy it.

Create a shortcut in iSilo to Library:
    Once you start the iSilo app - look on the top to the far right you will see a button called "Device" click on it.
    Just below the 5 buttons is a white strip that will have information in it. You should see the word [Volumes]. If you don't - hit the back arrow on your tablet until you do.

Next there should be 2 options below that white strip - "Device Memory" and "sdcard."
    1) If the folder you made above is on the tablet, select “Device Memory.” Then follow the instructions below at “Continue to make shortcut.”
    2) If the folder you made above in on a removable memory card read the following carefully.
    THIS IS CONFUSING – Under “Volumes” the “sdcard” appears to be a part of the “Device Memory” (same file names and structure). Select “Device Memory” and then the directory “Removable.” You should now see your removable memory card. Mine shows up as “MicroSD.” Select it and you should see your folder.

Continue to make shortcut:
    Now, look for the folder with your files and select it. DON'T just touch the folder; you want to do a LONG PRESS. This is how you make a favorite. So LONG PRESS your folder until an option window pops open.
    The options are:
    1) "Enter Folder"
    2) "Favorite Folder Alias"
    Select ""Favorite Folder Alias" It will automatically give the shortcut the name of the file folder – then Press OK.

Up on the top row where "Device" is and to the left of it is "Faves." Click it and see if your folder name is in there now. If not close iSilo and re-open it and look again. I find that sometimes you have to close iSilo to get it to recognize the new favorites.

You won't need to do any of those steps again. Now all you have to do is select your folder in "Faves.”. You should see all the files you put in the folder. Just select the file you want to open.

Default WT Lib on SD not accessable

Quote Originally Posted by Netracer7 View Post
    Watchtower Library Android Tablet Reader

Install Watchtower Library files:
    Connect Android Tablet to your computer. Open up your computers file explorer.
    You should see your tablet listed. Mine is an “ASUS MEMO” and shows up as “ME301T.”
    Under “ME301T” will be the directory “Internal storage” and if you have a removable memory card it will be listed also. Mine shows up as “MicroSD.” From your computers file explorer, make a file under either the “internal memory” or “MicroSD” storage directory. I named mine “JW Lib 2012.”
    Get these files from a trusted source and copy them to the folder you made:
    1) WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb
    2) WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb
    3) RBi8-E.pdb
    4) NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Install iSilo reader:
    You want to purchase the iSilo version that is offered on the Android market, that way you will know that it works on your device. Go to the "play store" and do a search for "iSilo". There is a 30 day trial version you can install to be sure it works and if so buy it.

Create a shortcut in iSilo to Library:
    Once you start the iSilo app - look on the top to the far right you will see a button called "Device" click on it.
    Just below the 5 buttons is a white strip that will have information in it. You should see the word [Volumes]. If you don't - hit the back arrow on your tablet until you do.

Next there should be 2 options below that white strip - "Device Memory" and "sdcard."
    1) If the folder you made above is on the tablet, select “Device Memory.” Then follow the instructions below at “Continue to make shortcut.”
    2) If the folder you made above in on a removable memory card read the following carefully.
    THIS IS CONFUSING – Under “Volumes” the “sdcard” appears to be a part of the “Device Memory” (same file names and structure). Select “Device Memory” and then the directory “Removable.” You should now see your removable memory card. Mine shows up as “MicroSD.” Select it and you should see your folder.

Continue to make shortcut:
    Now, look for the folder with your files and select it. DON'T just touch the folder; you want to do a LONG PRESS. This is how you make a favorite. So LONG PRESS your folder until an option window pops open.
    The options are:
    1) "Enter Folder"
    2) "Favorite Folder Alias"
    Select ""Favorite Folder Alias" It will automatically give the shortcut the name of the file folder – then Press OK.

Up on the top row where "Device" is and to the left of it is "Faves." Click it and see if your folder name is in there now. If not close iSilo and re-open it and look again. I find that sometimes you have to close iSilo to get it to recognize the new favorites.

You won't need to do any of those steps again. Now all you have to do is select your folder in "Faves.”. You should see all the files you put in the folder. Just select the file you want to open.

SORRY but iSilo CANNOT find Lib on the SD card. I have to copy Lib to internal storage to get it to find it.

Arrow Where is the sd card mounted on your device?

In most new devices, the sdcard volume actually refers to the internal storage memory of the device and the removeable microSD card is mounted under some other folder, most likely under a folder named "mnt" at the top-level of the internal device memory. So you just need to find out the specific folder where the card is mounted.

Make sure you are on the Device tab. The Device tab provides a file explorer view of the application accessible folders of your device. In iSilo's document list view, you go back up a level by tapping the Back icon or key of your device. Most likely, it is the leftmost icon located in a black bar along the bottom of the screen. As you navigate back up a level at a time, you will see the current folder path change and shorten in the gray bar right below the tabs.

So again, on the Device tab, navigate back up to the Volumes listing, select "Device Memory", then go into the "mnt" folder. What do you see listed in the "mnt" folder after you enter it?