Thread: MapsTiler: Create HTML navigable images

Default MapsTiler: Create HTML navigable images

I just wanted to announce that I have created a small tool called MapsTiler to make large images (mainly focused on maps) easier to handle with iSilo. The tool takes an image and tiles it creating html files, so that you can zoom any of the pieces. You can then convert the resulting set of html files into iSilo and you will be able to navigate through the image much faster than directly converting to iSilo the original image.

Please, try it and give me your feedback. More information at my page .

MapsTiler now supports PDF f¡les. You can now convert into a navigable-html set any map (or actually anything) stored in a PDF file. Note that you will need to install the GhostScript libraries to be able to use this feature, since the selected page of the pdf file is converted into a picture and then processed.

Enjoy!

A new version of MapsTiler is out. It is available here.

It has several bug fixes plus adds the ability to capture an area of the screen (good for capturing maps on webpages) and it also allows launching iSiloX using a default ixl file. And it is free.
    Last edited by reblujina; 11-11-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Default Nice Tool

Nice tool thanks for sharing with us.

I tried this out, and it works pretty good. It really does make larger images much easier to deal with. Thanks a lot for sharing this.