Thread: Andriod file list doesn't display files

Default Andriod file list doesn't display files

I've just installed the newest version of iSilo (downloaded 4/14/2012) to a new Droid 4 running Gingerbread. When I open iSilo it the location is displayed as /sdcard/Documents/iSilo. I created this folder on the SD card before inserting it in the phone. However instead of displaying the documents I have in that folder it displays the documents installed with iSilo which are in internal phone memory (documents/iSilo). If I double click my files from a directory listing outside iSilo, the document opens properly in iSilo. I'd like to not have to go this round-about way to open my files. Don't know that this would make a difference, but I haven't purchased a new license yet and I'm on day 2 of the trial period.

Thanks!

Arrow /mnt/sdcard-ext

We do not have a Droid 4 to verify this information, but according to information we have googled, the external sd card is mounted to /mnt/sdcard-ext, whereas the internal storage area is just /sdcard. So in the document list view's device tab, try going back up to the volume list, selecting "Device Memory", then going into /mnt/sdcard-ext.

You are exactly right. That path is logical for a Linux device but a bit counterintuitive for a smart phone and those unfamiliar with Linux. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by iSilo View Post
    We do not have a Droid 4 to verify this information, but according to information we have googled, the external sd card is mounted to /mnt/sdcard-ext, whereas the internal storage area is just /sdcard. So in the document list view's device tab, try going back up to the volume list, selecting "Device Memory", then going into /mnt/sdcard-ext.

Question Directory path problems

I also have the same problem, and I have tried going backwards under device and still cannot reach the files on my sdcard. Is there no way to change the path where it looks other than documents/isilo ?

Lois parsons

Arrow microSD

In most new devices, the sdcard volume actually refers to the internal storage memory of the device and the removeable microSD card is mounted under some other folder, most likely under a folder named "mnt" at the top-level of the internal device memory. So you just need to find out the specific folder where the card is mounted.

Make sure you are on the Device tab. The Device tab provides a file explorer view of the application accessible folders of your device. In iSilo's document list view, you go back up a level by tapping the Back icon or key of your device. Most likely, it is the leftmost icon located in a black bar along the bottom of the screen. As you navigate back up a level at a time, you will see the current folder path change and shorten in the gray bar right below the tabs.

So again, on the Device tab, navigate back up to the Volumes listing, select "Device Memory", then go into the "mnt" folder. What do you see listed in the "mnt" folder after you enter it?