Thread: Change Font?

Question Change Font?

Im using iSilo on my New iPad with the 2011 Watchtower Library files. How do I change the font to be Georgia to match what I see using iBooks? I've done it using More - Options - Font and selected my size and Georgia and it shows correctly in the preview. When you then look at the files text however, it's not Georgia but some system default font. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Arrow Sans Serif

The document text probably uses the Sans Serif family, so try changing the Sans Serif family to use the Georgia font. To do this, first select "Sans Serif" for the Family Name field. Then to have the Sans Serif family use the Georgia font, select "Georgia" from the Font field.

Quote Originally Posted by iSilo View Post
    The document text probably uses the Sans Serif family, so try changing the Sans Serif family to use the Georgia font. To do this, first select "Sans Serif" for the Family Name field. Then to have the Sans Serif family use the Georgia font, select "Georgia" from the Font field.
    Thanks so much. That seems to be working. Will I have to change the font for every document within the database file one at a time as use it? Please let me know, thanks.

When I change to the Sans Serif font family, it goes back to Default and won't stay at Sans Serif. Any idea how I can change this?

Arrow Families

A document in iSilo format can specify individual ranges of text to be displayed in a Sans Serif font, a Serif font, or a Monospace font. Each of those three is considered a font family. You as a user, can set the specific fonts that are used for each of those font families. On initial installation, iSilo sets the Serif family to use Times New Roman, Sans Serif to use Verdana, and Monospace to use Courier New.

Other types of documents, such as Palm Doc documents do not have any font specification information, so they will use whatever font is assigned to the Default family. On initial installation, iSilo sets the default family to use Verdana.

So in the font settings, to assign a font to a specific family, you select the Family Name first, then you set the Font to assign to that family name. Selecting a family name does not change the font used for your document. If the text in your document was specified to use whatever font is assigned to Sans Serif, then it is the font assigned to Sans Serif that matters.

The Family Name goes back to Default because when you go back into the settings, that is the first family name in the Family Name list.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by iSilo View Post
    A document in iSilo format can specify individual ranges of text to be displayed in a Sans Serif font, a Serif font, or a Monospace font. Each of those three is considered a font family. You as a user, can set the specific fonts that are used for each of those font families. On initial installation, iSilo sets the Serif family to use Times New Roman, Sans Serif to use Verdana, and Monospace to use Courier New.

Other types of documents, such as Palm Doc documents do not have any font specification information, so they will use whatever font is assigned to the Default family. On initial installation, iSilo sets the default family to use Verdana.

So in the font settings, to assign a font to a specific family, you select the Family Name first, then you set the Font to assign to that family name. Selecting a family name does not change the font used for your document. If the text in your document was specified to use whatever font is assigned to Sans Serif, then it is the font assigned to Sans Serif that matters.

The Family Name goes back to Default because when you go back into the settings, that is the first family name in the Family Name list.
    Hi, iSilo there.

For the "go back into the settings" issue, I think I have saved, applied the changes made to the "The Family Name" section. But it still does not work for me.

Jan