Thread: iSilo crashes on search attempt and does not save settings in Android 4.0.3 ICS fw

Exclamation iSilo crashes on search attempt and does not save settings in Android 4.0.3 ICS fw

Hi...

I am new to iSilo. Your product has been recommended by many of my friends.

I have installed the application in my Samsung Galaxy S 2 running on Android 4.0.3 Ice cream Sandwich firmware. The phone is rooted.

The problem I am facing is that in cases of some large files (about 280 MB), the program crashes on attempt of searching some specific strings, which are pretty random. Also, the option>Display settings like disable table view is never saved and I have to change the setting for each document everytime I start iSilo. I did not have the issue with firmware 2.3.6 Gingerbread.

Please help me resolve the issue at the earliest convenience.

Thanks.

Arrow Details

With regard to crashes occurring when searching, with a given search string, does it always crash with that same search string, or does it sometimes crash and sometimes does not. A reproducible scenario will allow us to quickly find the problem.

With regard to the options seeming to not be saved, please note that when you select the "Also save as defaults" option, the settings are saved to be the default settings for documents that you have not yet opened. Any documents that you have already previously opened will retain their current settings. The "Also save as defaults" option is not to set all documents to have the given settings.

Quote Originally Posted by iSilo View Post
    With regard to crashes occurring when searching, with a given search string, does it always crash with that same search string, or does it sometimes crash and sometimes does not. A reproducible scenario will allow us to quickly find the problem.

With regard to the options seeming to not be saved, please note that when you select the "Also save as defaults" option, the settings are saved to be the default settings for documents that you have not yet opened. Any documents that you have already previously opened will retain their current settings. The "Also save as defaults" option is not to set all documents to have the given settings.
    Thanks for the reply. My iSilo version is 6.0.1. I have also tested the latest 6.0.5 on trial and the error continue to persist.

The error occurs everytime for a specific search string, which is pretty random, i.e. for a random but specific search string, the crash is reproducible.. Regarding saving settings, I think I could not clarify my point. The setting I select for a specific document, e.g. the 280 MB file I was talking about, does not apply for the same document right after I return from the settings using the back key, let alone the setting to be applied for any other document by saving as default.

Let me provide some pointers for this. I have some debugger tools with root access installed in my device. Do you think mounting system as read-only could cause the problem. I tried to mount the system both as read-write and read-only, but the crash recurs nonetheless.

I would highly appreciate your further suggestion in resolving the issue...

And, I would also like to add that none of these problems occurs in free mode. But in trial mode it occurs for version 5.2, 6.0.1, 6.0.5 as far as I tested. If I need to install or modify any files in the root directory of my phone, I am also ready to do that. Please advise...