Thread: Kindle Fire

Default Kindle Fire

iSilo -- I'm a long-time user across many platforms. the Kindle Fire's due for release Nov 15, running the Android OS. Can we expect an iSilo for the Kindle Fire to follow soon? I think it supports Android apps sold thru the Amazon Android App Market, but didn't notice iSilo available there. Please advise on plans. Thanks!!

Arrow Current

We have iSilo currently under review on the Amazon Appstore, so it should be available for sale there soon.

We expect that the current version of iSilo for Android is already compatible with the Kindle Fire, but we will not know for sure until after the Kindle Fire becomes available.

Default Kindle Fire

Do you know when you will have a reply from Amazon?
    Looking to run into Bestbuy this week to get one but only if isilo runs on it.

Arrow Kindle Fire

iSilo is already currently available for the Kindle Fire on the Amazon Appstore.

I've already purchased iSilo in the Google Android app store. Does this mean I'll have to purchase it again in the Amazon App store? Have you given any thought to giving a discount for people who have already purchased iSilo on different devices?

Arrow Separate stores

Yes, you would need to purchase a new license through the Amazon Appstore, as the Amazon Appstore and Android Market are run by two separate companies with no integration between the two, the Amazon Appstore being owned and run by Amazon, and the Android Market being owned and run by Google. Neither provides a way to provide a discount either.

We are only able to offer discounts through our own store as we have full control over it. But again, there is no way to link a purchase from our store to either the Amazon Appstore or the Android Market, or to any other third party app store for that matter.

Smile Kindle Fire - now has ISILO available from Amazon Apps

Yes, Kindle fire does have ISILO reader available now.

You can simply download ISILO (for $19.95) from the Amazon App store. It works with Kindle fire. Then you can copy all your books into the kindle fire using a USB cable.

Please ignore any message that says you cannot use kindle fire for ISILO. It simply is NOT true!!

It is very simple and works first time, everytime!!

Hope this helps!

OK. There's an isilo version for kindle fire that we can buy at the android store. Is there any plan to develope a specific version for the other kindle (touch, keyboard, 3G)? It would be great for me and for a lot of people, I think.

Thanks,

Jaime

Arrow Third party support

Those other Kindle devices do not have any official general support for third party application development, so it is unlikely that there will ever be a version of iSilo developed for them.