View Full Version : Categories Confusion
10-28-2004, 04:37 AM
In iSilox, when I add a new document to scheduling or clip a web page for one-time syncing, I always assign a category matching an iSilo category on my T3.
Lately, newly added documents only appear as "Uncategorized" in iSilo. What do you think is going on? The documents that already exist in iSilo on the T3 which are previously scheduled for conversion all hold their categories when synced-- only newly added documents go straight to Uncategorized regardless of any category assignment I make.
Thanks for the great work.
10-28-2004, 08:20 AM
If you have a small file that demonstrates this behavior, you could assist us greatly by posting it.
10-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I used this forum page as a new capture-- both as .ixl (saved as new doc in iSiloX) and as .pdb (saved w/Clipper) formats, both assigned to my ".Palm Daily" category-- which has always accepted new docs.
Both formats went directly to Uncategorized.
How do I attach .ixl and .pdb files to this message?
Shall I send an email instead?
10-28-2004, 09:29 AM
You could send it in email, but then those (like myself) who are not associated with iSilo will be unable to assist you.
You should use one of the "allowed" extensions. In general, this means you should zip any files together and post the .zip file.
PS: I'm not sure if it matters, but is that a typo in the category name? Do you really start your categories with a period?
10-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I use the period for categories I want to be listed first-- an old trick.
Ok here's a zip file of the two files.
11-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey Voltage Spike--
I posted the fileas requested.
May I have some help please?
11-03-2004, 09:06 PM
I apologize for that. I was hoping one of the iSilo developers could jump in and suggest something based on the additional evidence...
I looked at both the .ixl and the .pdb file, and they both appeared to be correct in terms of having the default category. I haven't attempted to install the actual file yet, but I will do so tomorrow to see what happens.
At this point, nothing appears out of place to me. I will state that when I create documents I use the new hierarchal category format (e.g., "/.Daily") and I do not use periods as the first character. I don't think these facts make a difference in your case, but I can't be sure.
Again, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.
11-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Make sure you have auto-categorization enabled. To do this, go to the Options menu in the document list view, and tap Document List. In the Document List Options dialog, make sure that the Auto-cat field is set to On.
Try increasing the settings database maximum size. To do this, go to the Options menu in the document list view, and tap Document List. In the Document List Options dialog, increase the value of the Settings field to the next higher value.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.